Isaiah 41:10...So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fight or Flesh

Oh lord, you made me to love love alright. I considered lying to feed my flesh. Draw the curtains over my eyes for the show behind them. I'm day dreaming at night coming up with ways to have him. 

My shoulders never knew so much conflict. 

My loins heard of this betrayal by my faith. Oh sweet skin, how it longs for flesh to kiss. And yet my shoulders meet again in the battle of my life. A temptation I've tasted before could destroy this path of righteousness. And here you are to fill me with laughter and love like I've never known before. 

But as my shoulders dance together in utter distaste for one another the music starts to quiet. 

The tango turns into a two step. Two steps forward and one step back. I am still undecided. I loathe the discipline I lack. Can I maintain the love that promises me things no one can give me? It sounds so easy. I am weak. What are the cruel intentions of your presence? Is this a test of my devotion, of my will to invest? 

Obedience is such a tricky demand, and yet I am obligated to abide. 

Why do you place these questions in my heart? Here lie the answers. Line them up one by one, no two by two. I f I must hear them, bring them in pairs so one can not outshine the other. I am obedient. I loathe the discipline I am discovering. Will you take this temptation away? No, the defeat is still lingering over my heart. My heart that is an unwilling accomplice. I am the brains and it is the brawn. Taking what it wants without considering the consequences.

I am not attempting to wound my feet on another path of redemption.

I am looking to hold onto my promised salvation. The room fills with my frustrations. I am drowning in my irritations. I pray, release this hold you have or make this hold fit the jagged edges of my desires. If the can not clasp each other then let the clock strike midnight and to my quest I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment